Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ordered an E1XM

Ordered an E1XM 6 years 11 months ago #540

• Hamming
After much examination of specifications and reviews, I have finally decided to order an E1-XM. With luck it will arrive before Christmas:) .

My previous desktop SW radio was the Kenwood R2000 (now gone to a good home after 20 years). I have fond memories of searching for DX broadcast signals with a copy of WRTH by my side.

I have been using a Grundig YB400PE as my main short wave receiver for the last few years.

(A Canadian radio ham):blush:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ordered an E1XM 6 years 11 months ago #543

• colin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Wow! A parallel Universe!

I \"loaned\" my R2000 to a new young DXer... who is about 60 years young...

I also LOVE MY ETON E1 and
have a YB-400PE on constant stand-by.

The main rig is still the beloved Drake R8.

I cannot even utter the words \"Drake\" and \"R8\" with humbly lookng skyward and giving thanks to the Ionosphere!

Yea. The Ionosphere...
What did you think I was gazing up at?!

:silly:

Re:Ordered an E1XM 6 years 11 months ago #545

• Hamming
Quick question:
Where do you get your Kenwood serviced? My friend, who now has my old R2000, is looking for a local service shop in Victoria, BC to get the unit cleaned and tweaked.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the Drake R8, though I have heard good things about it.

What I need to do next is to find a nice compact antenna. I'm thinking of getting an MFJ-1788 3ft loop.

Re:Ordered an E1XM 6 years 11 months ago #546

• colin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I service my own gear... I am, after all, a electronics technician.

Is the R2000 functional?

Great portable antenna? Consider a Wellbrook ALA100

Re:Ordered an E1XM 6 years 11 months ago #549

• Hamming
The HF is working well. The VFO optical encoder, however, causes frequency hesitation in one location while being rotated. Cleaning by removing the (top and bottom) covers and using a compressed gas source results in only a temporary fix. The front panel needs to be removed and the whole encoder exposed for cleaning. The VHF module works but the frequency display does not flip into VHF frequency readout automatically.

Re:Ordered an E1XM 6 years 10 months ago #556

• Robert Cahoon
I too am having a problem in rotating the turning dial on my R-600 and basically getting no changes in the frequency readout. Kenwood factory says it may be the main encoder, but they have no replacements parts available. Cleaning this maybe the only current fix, since they do not have any recommendations on who may be sufficiently knowledgeable to repair this problem. If any readers have any suggestions, I would be more than grateful to hear them.

Bob Cahoon
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Hot Links!

We have some favorite links that we visit regularly that make a huge contribution to the hobby!