Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Icom R75 or Eton E1???

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1904

• Peter
Hi Ed!
Congratulations on your R75 - very fine receiver. :)

Have you tried to check the list of mods for the R75? I know that one mod in particular: the AGC mod (adding a capacitor to slow down the AGC on AM) makes a HUGE difference for AM reception.

However I have older R75 with Motorola chip that does the AM processing. I am not sure whether there is AM mod for the newer R75...

Cheers!
Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1908

• buckeyeair
Ed Gonzalez wrote:
Got a huge antenna... it is picking up signals but with a lot of noise...

Tell us more (Lol) how HUGE and where did you put it? I have a couple of wires in the attic,both with 9/1 baluns installed with an additional 50' of coax, one a 33' multi-wired sloper and an 80' longwire (not strung out yet but will have to go in either an L or a U configuration for SWL and then the Quantum QX loop for MW..if you managed to install the new antenna outside I would be curious as to how you managed it..:) What sort of "noise" are you recieving ? Is it from electrical energy or other? Does your new antenna have a balun installed before it enters your shack to terminate interference then coax to your receiver?
73's
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by buckeyeair.

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1910

• Ed Gonzalez
I got a hustler antenna... it is huge!!
The HOA will be mad at me...

last Night I picked North Corea... but with a lot of background noise..

My G5 wit the DE33 antenna still sound better. Maybe I am doing something wrong...

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1912

• buckeyeair
Ed Gonzalez wrote:
I got a hustler antenna... it is huge!!
The HOA will be mad at me...

last Night I picked North Corea... but with a lot of background noise..

My G5 wit the DE33 antenna still sound better. Maybe I am doing something wrong...

So I guess you hung it outside...:ohmy: ----you be in trouble now..:woohoo: Is it very high in the air and how far from elect. lines ? Does it have a Balun on it..if not, that may help eliminate some noise..hope you get it worked out ok---maybe U just need to get the hang of tuning such a fine receiver...
73's

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1915

• Ed Gonzalez
It is about 30 ft tall... and all the power lines are under ground... I do not have a balun yet... The antenna has 3 resonators.. and I clamp it to a pole... Tonight I will play with it..

Re:Icom R75 or Eton E1??? 5 years 8 months ago #1920

• gkinsman
Hi Ed,

You may find the Yahoo icomr75 group useful for answering your questions. It's an active group, with lots of members.

Regards,
Gary
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Hot Links!

We have some favorite links that we visit regularly that make a huge contribution to the hobby!